Teacher Appreciation is an essential objective of the Winston PTO. We express our gratitude to the outstanding Faculty and Staff at The Winston School in a variety of ways through the year
Teachers may make a Wish List of books for their classroom. These lists will be available to parents who wish to purchase them at the Book Fair.
The PTO provides a professional masseuse for chair massages for all faculty and staff on parent/teacher conference days
HOLIDAY LUNCHEON – December 16, 2017, 11:30 a.m.
Our most important Teacher Appreciation event of the year is the Holiday Luncheon. Held on the 1st day of Holiday Break, this is a fun-filled annual event for all Faculty and Staff at Winston. To help with this event, please contact Anne Bentley.
- Luncheon: Lunch is a catered and seated event. The tables are decorated by parent volunteers, and the PTO Teacher Appreciation chair and a team of volunteers serve the food.
- Door Prizes: As they enter the Luncheon, attendees draw numbers for door prizes donated by Winston School parents. You may drop off gift cards or gift items at the front desk anytime in December. Please put gift cards/certificates in an envelope, and gift items in a box or bag, marked “Teacher Appreciation.” Please include your name so we can include you on the Donor List given to each attendee.
- EZ Giving Donations: The Winston PTO makes your holidays easier by providing the opportunity for you to give a gift to all of your child’s teachers with a single click. Here’s how it works:
- Donate to EZ Holiday Giving online, or you may leave donations at the front desk in an envelope addressed to “Teacher Appreciation.” Please write checks payable to “Winston PTO” and write “EZ Giving” in the memo portion of your check. If you give cash, please include your name so we can include you on the Donor List.
- The PTO will pool all donations and each faculty/staff member will receive an envelope with the divided proceeds from the EZ Holiday Giving program and a list of donors at the Holiday Luncheon. No one is left out and everyone loves the extra cash.
- Cookies: A long-standing and well-loved tradition at Winston! At the end of the luncheon, each attendee is given a large box to fill with assorted cookies donated by Winston parents. Please drop off homemade or boutique cookie donations at the front desk, any day of the week preceding the Luncheon.
FACULTY/STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK – May 1-5, 2017
PTO volunteers provide daily treats in the break room – watch for a sign-up sheet in April
BARBARA BLUMENTAL AND POLLY PETERSON AWARDS
During the Class Day Awards on the last day of school, the PTO gives out the Barbara Blumenthal Award to recognize an outstanding teacher and the Polly Peterson Award to recognize a member or members of the Winston Faculty, Staff or Leadership Team for their help in the PTO. For more information on each of these awards, including how to nominate someone and past winners, please click HERE.
YEAR-END LUNCH – May 26, 2017
The PTO provides a special boxed lunch for all Faculty/Staff on the 1st day of Summer Break